Monday, March 19, 2007

I've had this blog for awhile, but my postings were spotty, so I deleted them and decided to start over today, March 19. This is the fourth anniversary of the start of the war in Iraq. On my bus this morning, a recorded message from Metro officials played over the PA system. It said, in effect: Please be advised that due to protests in the downtown area there will be significant delays in traffic and Metro bus routes. Metro advises riders to avoid the downtown area between 3 and 6 p.m. …"

This is what I think the announcement should have said:

"Please be advised that there are planned protests against the War in Iraq this afternoon. Metro advises you to leave work early – take vacation time, if necessary – and join in the peaceful marches through the downtown streets. Metro advises riders to come downtown between 3 and 6 p.m."


No comments: